Please read before applying!
"Applicant(s)" as used in this document means the person(s) signing the lease as “residents”. "Occupant(s)" in this document means the person(s) authorized to occupy a property as specified in the lease agreement.
- Submitting an application to OKC Homes 4 You does not guarantee approval, nor does it constitute a lease agreement for any property.
- Each applicant will be required to complete a profile at okchomes4you.petscreening.com, even if the applicant does not have pets. An application will not be screened without completing this screening.
- The maximum allowable occupants per unit is two (2) individuals per bedroom of one hundred (100) sqft. or larger. No more than one (1) individual is allowed per bedroom smaller than one hundred (100) sqft.
- It may be required that you submit a 30 day notice to your current landlord in order for us to obtain a rental verification.
- We recommend that you notify your current landlord and employer that you are applying for a property so they will be expecting a verification request.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval or reserve a property.
- We will review applications in the order they are received.
The following items are required in order for an application to be considered complete and be processed:
- A separate rental application with all fields filled in from all applicants over the age of eighteen (18).
- A valid photo ID from all applicants, excluding minors.
- Proof(s) of income - Must be most current paystubs received from employer. At least 2 MONTH’S consecutive paystubs, which show employer, applicant’s name, pay period dates, tax deductions, garnishments (if applicable), and year-to-date earnings.
- Application fees, in the amount of $45 per applicant over eighteen (18). These cover the cost and administration for running individual background, credit, and rental checks, and are therefore non-refundable.
- Only if approved will applicant(s) be given the opportunity to pay a deposit and sign a lease in order to reserve a property.
- At least half of the security deposit must be paid within a specified time window, typically within forty-eight (48) hours of approval.
- Applicant must take possession of the property within thirty (30) days of approval.
- We continue to accept applications until an applicant(s) has received approval and paid a deposit to reserve the property.
- Each prospective occupant will be required to be named on the lease and each applicant will be required to sign the lease.
- If the application is approved and applicant(s) does not take possession of the property within thirty (30) days, the security deposit is forfeited.
- Each applicant must attach a valid photo ID (State issued ID, Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
- Each applicant agrees that all information provided on the application is true, accurate, and without omission to the best of their knowledge
Reasons for denial based on applicants identity and application submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Identity cannot be verified
- Misrepresentation(s), falsification(s), or intentional omission(s) of information on an application
Income and Employment:
Our standard income approval requires applicants to provide proof of verifiable net household monthly income. Applicants’ combined net monthly income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount. Households having no verifiable monthly income are automatically disqualified.
- Employment Full/Part-Time - Verifiable income is consistent income that can be verified directly through the employer. Additionally, applicants must submit at least their four (4) most recent, consecutive paystubs.
- Future Employment/Job Offer - If employment is to begin shortly, the applicant must provide a “letter of intent” to hire from the employer, which states the employment start date and rate of pay. Letter must be on company letter head and signed by all parties. (Verification of letter may be needed.)
- Self-Employment - For self-employment, an applicant(s) must provide the previous year’s income tax return and the previous two month's bank statements.
- SSI, Disability, or Retirement - Applicant(s) receiving SSI and/or disability payments must provide a current government benefit letter. If applicable, for retired applicant(s), statements of income from investments or trust funds on official letterhead must be provided.
As additional verification, applicant(s) may be asked to provide additional paystubs.
Reasons for denial based on income or employment include, but are not limited to:
- Income cannot be verified
- Income is insufficient; ie: Total monthly rent is more than 1/3 (one third) of the applicants’ combined verifiable, net, monthly income
- One or more active garnishments of wages
We receive credit reports from TransUnion.
Our credit score requirements are as follows:
The average credit score amongst applicant(s) in a household must meet the requirement listed below based on the rent amount for the property. If the average score of the applicant(s) does not meet the requirement, but falls within 25 points of the required score, the applicant(s) may be approved, but would be required to pay a higher security deposit, increased by the amount specified below, based on the rent amount for the property.
- Rent: $800 or lower - Credit Score: 550 - Additional security deposit amount: $200
- Rent: $801-$1000 - Credit Score: 600 - Additional security deposit amount: $300
- Rent: $1001-$1350 - Credit Score: 625 - Additional security deposit amount: $400
- Rent: $1351-$1749 - Credit Score: 650 - Additional security deposit amount: $500
- Rent: $1750 or higher - Credit Score: 700 - Additional security deposit amount: $600
Reasons for denial based on the credit report(s) include, but are not limited to:
- Credit score does not meet the qualifications listed above
- An involuntary repossession of material or personal property within the last five (5) years
- Open bankruptcies or bankruptcies within the past five (5) years
- Credit report shows one (1) or more collection account(s) to a previous landlord(s)
- Any demonstrated history of late or delinquent payments or outstanding balance
- Applicant must provide at least two consecutive years of residential history. Applicant may provide more if desired.
- If a current or previous landlord cannot be contacted or does not provide verification, applicant(s) will be required to provide at least 6 consecutive month’s proof of on time payments and a copy of their current lease contract.
- For an applicant(s) that has been living in their personally-owned property, ownership and at least 6 consecutive months of on-time mortgage payments must be verified by county tax records and applicant’s credit report. If it cannot be verified by the means, applicant(s) will be required to provide proofs of the same.
- Applicant(s) without any rental or mortgage history or without any verifiable rental or mortgage history may still be approved if all other qualifications are met, however an increased security deposit will be required.
Reasons for denial based on residential history include, but are not limited to:
- An eviction filing and/or judgement within two (2) years of application
- Any landlord collection in the past three (3) years
- Current and/or previous residency could not be verified
- Rental verification shows history of late payments/NSF payments
- Rental verification shows history of documented problem(s), violation notice(s), and/or lease violation(s)
- One or more foreclosures or pre-forclosures within the last five (5) years
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age eighteen (18) years or more.
Criminal convictions relating to violent acts, crimes of dishonesty, breach of trust, or matters of similar nature or severity, may be cause for denial of an application. In addition to the nature and severity of the conviction, Landlord will consider factors including, without limitation, the amount of time that has passed since the relevant conviction and whether such conviction could reasonably be deemed to be indicative of a potential risk to safety and/or property.
Reasons for denial based on criminal history include, but are not limited to:
- Conviction(s) for any violent felony
- Conviction(s) for any non-violent felony within the preceding five (5) years
- Any outstanding or active warrants
- Conviction(s) for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance
- Conviction(s) for the possession of a controlled substance
- Any applicant in the household is a registered sex offender
Co-signers (guarantors) will only be accepted under the following circumstance:
If the applicant(s) does not have credit, but otherwise meets all application requirements, a co-signer (guarantor) will be required and the higher security deposit, as listed above, will be charged.
In addition to being subject to all of the reasons for denial listed above, the co-signer must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a legal citizen of the United States
- Must be a permanent resident of the state of Oklahoma
- Must provide proof of verifiable net monthly income that is at least four (4) times the monthly rent amount
- Must have a credit score that is at least one hundred (100) points higher than the requirement listed above for the desired property.
- Must be willing to sign a lease agreement and assume all responsibilities and liabilities pursuant to the lease
Smoking is strictly prohibited in, on, or about any property managed by OKC Homes 4 You. This includes, but is not limited to, tobacco, marijuana, vaping, use of e-cigarettes, etc.
- Pets will only be considered on certain approved properties.
- Any application for a property stating in the description that it is a “no pet property” will be automatically declined.
- All allowed pets will be subject to a pet screening at an additional cost to the applicant of $20 per pet.
- Assistance (service) animals are not considered pets. However, they will also be subject to the screening process and must provide valid documentation regarding the legitimate need for the assistance animal. As long as the documentation provided is verified, the $20 fee will be waived.
The screening can be completed at: okchomes4you.petscreening.com
By submitting an application, applicant(s) affirms that OKC Homes 4 You has given applicant(s) the opportunity to view the property by means of an in-person showing, marketing pictures, and/or by a showing by applicant’s personal representative. Applicant(s) certifies that if they do not physically examine the property myself, they are willingly applying for the property “as-is.” Applicant(s) hereby holds OKC Homes 4 You forever harmless for any liability that accrues as a result, either indirectly or directly, from applicant’s decision not to personally view or inspect the property. Applicant(s) has also confirmed, in writing and/or from listed marketing post about property, any/all appliance(s) and feature(s) that will be included for applicant’s use during their tenancy.
Disclaimer: This is the current rental criteria for OKC Homes 4 You. Nothing contained in these requirements constitutes or shall constitute a guarantee or representation by OKC Home 4 You that all residents and occupants currently residing in properties managed or owned by OKC Homes 4 You have met these requirements. There may be occupants that have resided in properties managed or owned by OKC Homes 4 You prior to these requirements going into effect. Additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to information we receive from applicants, landlords, employers, and various reporting services. It is the policy of OKC Homes 4 You to comply with all applicable fair housing laws including those which prohibit discrimination against any person based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, or disability.